How to transition gracefully to gray
This treatment plan will smooth and help you embrace your hair!
Our approach to coarse or curly gray hair starts with a pre-shampoo oil treatment. Gray hair tends to be coarser and needs the smoothing and flexibility which is solved with a light oil treatment. Washing it out gives you the benefits without the weight.
Here’s what to do:
- Apply several pumps of our Glossing Drops to crown and length of hair while still dry-prior to showering. Leave on 10-20 minutes to allow it to penetrate.
- To remove, either lather twice with shampoo on wet hair in the shower or apply a quarter sized amount of shampoo in hands, rub together and apply directly onto the scalp before getting it wet in the shower. Experiment to see which method works best for your length and thickness of hair and the amount of oil you have applied. Your hair should feel slippery but not at all weighed down.
For daily care:
- Our HoneyBlossom+Marshmallow Root Shampoo is designed to cleanse gently, retain moisture with honey and to leave a light, smoothing coating on hair that is craving moisture.
- Our HoneyBlossom+Marshmallow Root Conditioner is our thickest, richest option for daily conditioning. Moisturizing marshmallow treats dry, damaged hair to bring back shine.
- Our LavenderMint + Wild Clover will help to detangle, close the cuticle after washing and encourage your curl pattern. It is also great for using on dry hair to refresh and restyle and eliminate frizz.
- For the gentle curl support choose our HoneyBlossom+Marshmallow Root Curling Creme. This is a lotiony, smoothing creme that you can customize for added weight and shine with a few pumps of the Glossing Drops.
- For ultimate curl hold, choose our HoneyBlossom + Marshmallow Root Gentle Gel. This is a strong but not crunchy option for shaping and holding your curls.
- Once or twice a week add in the Rosewood Infusion Deep Conditioning Creme to give your coarse hair some extra smoothing and hydration.
- Consider the Reverse Cleanse method for keeping your hair in good condition. This method protects your hair during shampooing and is a great option for coarse hair.
- One to two times per week add in our LavenderBlue Purple from Plants Shampoo + Conditioner to accentuate the cool silver hues and remove any unwanted yellow or brassy tones that may develop.