Facial Oils Demystified: A Simple Guide to the Differences
Facial oils have rapidly gained popularity in the world of skincare, and it's no surprise why. These elixirs offer a wealth of benefits for the skin. But with the ever-growing array of facial oils available, it can be overwhelming to choose the right one for your specific skin needs.
We're here to simplify the process for you. We'll be diving into the differences between our three facial oils: Luminous Liquid Antioxidant Oil Serum, Everyday Velvet, our soothing oat based facial oil, and Evening Gold Frankincense Firming Serum. By the end, you'll have a clearer understanding of which one could be your skin's new best friend.
Understanding Antioxidant Serums
The main job of antioxidants is to be an oxidative stress defender. Their role is to neutralize and protect the skin from the harmful effects of free radicals which get triggered by UV rays, pollution, smog and smoke, alcohol, processed foods and stress. If this cycle is not interrupted it can accelerate the aging process and damage skin cells.
The world of skincare generally agrees that applying an antioxidant before heading out for the day will be your skin’s best defense. The oils we’ve chosen for our antioxidant serum are all nut free and specifically recommended for sensitive skin.
- Strawberry seed is the superstar of our formula and we’ve paired it with blueberry, red raspberry, pomegranate, rosehips- all those potent sources of vitamin C and antioxidants.
- Incredibly light, it sinks right in and makes a perfect primer under makeup or mineral sunscreen.
- It improves skin’s elasticity and really gives you a luminous glow while working to protect your skin and fade imperfections and dark spots.
- Beneficial for all skin types
The Soothing Power of Everyday Velvet Facial Oil
Many people suffer from sensitive skin because they have a weak or thin barrier. This fragile condition leads to dehydration (inability for the skin to hold moisture) and to stinging or irritation when any product is applied. Increasing the ceramide levels to build up that barrier is what is needed here.
- Oat oil is a super soother and increases the ceramide levels in skin-helping to rebuild the barrier while soothing the stress. Remember oatmeal baths when you had the itchies as a child? Oat oil will do the same and it is highly absorbable.
- This is a less is more product with only 4 ingredients -jojoba oil, oat oil, flaxseed oil and .05% of beautiful palmarosa oil. Stressed skin needs to be treated gently as it finds its strength again so the less ingredients the better.
- This oil is recommended for extra sensitive skin and also for adding into your routine when the weather becomes cooler. ****Pro tip-you can mix together a pump of Luminous Liquid and Everyday Velvet to combine and get the benefits of each when you head out in cooler weather.
Exploring Evening Gold Frankincense Firming Serum
The focus of this oil is firming and rejuvenating mature skin in an overnight treatment. This is an exquisite infused oil-which means we have steeped plants in jojoba oil to release their beneficial qualities. While many companies would just add a few drops of frankincense essential oil, we know that the full benefits of the plant would be lost. So we grind the frankincense resin into a beautiful golden powder and then leave it to steep.
- We also infuse gotu kola-nicknamed the herb of longevity-to increase collagen production and firming of the skin.
- While the added plant makes this serum so special, the star oil here is pumpkin seed. This amazing oil is high in mineral and omega content and high in Vitamin A. Carrot seed and borage seed make an appearance too to help with firming, stimulating collagen production and supporting elasticity.
- This overnight oil is especially good for dry, mature and aging skin.
How to Choose the Right Oil for Your Skin
Ask yourself, what is my top skin concern right now?
Sensitive skin that stings when product is applied? Try Everyday Velvet to build your barrier.
Does your skin seem dull and lacking a luminous quality? Try Luminous Liquid to give your skin a light but deep drink.
Is your skin feeling slack and like it’s lacking firmness? Evening Gold will begin to build it back.
As you explore these options, remember that your skin is as unique as you are. While we’ve consciously formulated nut free formulas with sensitive skin in mind, it's always a good practice to perform a patch test and pay attention to how your skin responds. Whether you're seeking protection against environmental stressors, soothing relief for sensitive skin, or a rejuvenating night time treat, the perfect facial oil is out there, waiting to enhance your skincare routine.